REQUEST THIS DISTRICT SERVICE
BOOKS & MEDIA RESOURCES
Getting Started with Sound Grading Practices
See the Agenda:
The primary objective of this workshop is to prepare participants to implement standards-based grading practices in their classrooms.
This one-day workshop, based on the text A Repair Kit for Grading: 15 Fixes for Broken Grades, is designed to deepen understanding of standards-based grading practices that support learning. At the close of the workshop, participants will be ready to use the text in continued discussion and implementation of these practices.
The workshop will prepare participants to do the following:
- Understand basic perspectives on grading from current experts in the field
- Determine grades so that they are accurate representations of student learning
- Identify and control for sources of bias that can distort grades
- Work with colleagues to establish grading practices that support the learning process
- Understand how to report student achievement using standards-based grades
- Continue the study and application of standards-based grading practices with the book A Repair Kit for Grading: 15 Fixes for Broken Grades by Ken O'Connor
K-12 Educators, District Administrators, School Leaders, Staff Development Specialists